Wednesday 18 February 2015

An early morning wake up call...

I promise that this will be my last post on Mexico for the foreseeable. As of this moment, I should be arriving in Lisbon for a wonderful weekend with family so i'm sure i'll be back next week for some Europe-focused posts. 

Disclaimer: There will be an insanely inappropriate amount of pictures of Steve in his blue speedos in this post. I know, I know, it's a chore but for some reason my lovely, if a little crazy, husband insisted on buying not one, but two pairs of colourful speedos for the trip and for the life of me I could not persuade him to wear shorts ;)

On our first morning in Mexico, we woke up super early, ravaged by the jet leg. After an hour or so of trying to get back to sleep, we gave up all hope and pulled on our swimmers. Amongst our friends, we have a running joke about Steve's tai chi skills and one good friend had requested photo evidence of Steve's infamous tai chi at dawn on a Mexican beach. We figured this was as good as time as any to oblige his request! 

So with flip-flops in hand and 'tai chi mats' (towels) tucked under our arms, we headed down to the beach moments before sunrise. It was beautiful in the misty morning light. 


Whilst on a trip to China a few years ago, Steve was taught a hilarious tai chi song about watermelons. I think it's intended to help you remember the routine but, when translated into English, it's pretty funny. So in spectacular style and probably in the most scenic location we've ever attempted tai chi, we got to it. 













Followed by a lovely swim in the warm water. 


 And as the sun rose, we walked our happy selves back to our hotel room for a well-deserved snooze.



A magical first morning in Mexico. 


No comments:

Post a Comment